When it comes to driving traffic to your website, and keeping it there, having a responsive website can really help. The majority of internet users are now using tablets and mobile phones in order to access the internet, which means that you need to make sure these users get the best experience.
Poor usability can be extremely dangerous for online businesses, as users will not be able to navigate the website in order to complete a transaction. Here’s a bit more about how responsive websites work and why you should be using it:
What is Responsive Design?
Essentially this is a website design that is coded in a way that allows it to adapt to all different screen sizes, regardless of whether that’s a mobile phone or a 42” TV screen. This means that you will be able to reduce the issues with usability on mobile devices, without having to create a separate theme and redirecting mobile users.
How Does A Responsive Design Help?
Besides the obvious reason of providing a better user experience, there are many ways that you can benefit from using a responsive design. Some of these include:
• Faster Website – with a responsive website, it adapts to the screen and therefore reduces the time it takes for desktop sites to load on mobile devices.
• Lower Bounce Rate – faster sites that are easier to use will encourage visitors to browse your site and decrease your bounce rate.
• Preferred for SEO – getting noticed online is hard, but with good SEO you can increase traffic to your site. Having a responsive site eliminates having duplicate content and means you don’t split your site across several websites.
• Convert Mobile Traffic – because users will be able to negotiate your website they are much more likely to make purchases and enquiries online.
• Future Proof Your Website – nobody knows what technology will come out in the future but having a responsive website will prepare you for any eventuality.
• One Website For Everything – instead of using a separate mobile and desktop design, you only have to worry about one website design. This makes uploading and changing content much easier.
• Easier to Manage – having the one website means that you only have to manage one SEO campaign, deal with issues with one design and only need to carry out one lot of basic maintenance.
All of this works to bring in more traffic and help turn more of your visits into custom, boosting your online profitability and overall revenue. If you’re looking for a web development company in London then talk to Graphic Alliance today and get started on creating the perfect, bespoke responsive website for you.